1 -1/4 cups oats (see notes)
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish and fill with prepared fruit. If using rhubarb add a little sugar. Other fruit may not need sugar, depending on your preferences. Heat fruit for 10 minutes.
- Stir together flour and oats, stir in sugar.
- Cut in the margarine or butter and stir with a fork so that the mix looks the same all the way through.
- Spread on the fruit and return to the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Mix can be made in bulk and kept in covered container in fridge.
- All oats are not created equal, so celiacs and those with gluten sensitivity need to look for packages that state “wheat free” (they will NOT say “gluten free,” at least not in Canada.