after missing a couple of days in the challenge preoccupied with Spoonflower designing and ordering I got back into it and experimented more with the ruling pen. Everything I’ve done is in the Flickr group under “wordnerd411.”
This morning I finally got the pen beak open to the width that suits me and the acrylic ink, mid way through this doodle:
The “good bits” are from after and the crummy bits are from before.
Then I decided to use the pen in my sketchbook, practice stars and writing, and although it would be nice if this were on cloth, I’m actually quite pleased with it:
The step backward is that I had the house to myself, did the drawing, washed everything and put it away and went on my merry way making more assembled fabric and listening to jazz. Family members came home and “You’ve been using that stuff again!” Like, I’ve never heard that line before!
Although to me the acrylic ink has only a trace smell, it apparently hangs around the house and is bothersome.
So now I can either use ink on paper at a cafe (using cloth would be difficult because of stablizing) OR use a Pigma pen on cloth at home OR try Setacolor on cloth at home and see whether the odour is detectable. Setacolor is basically acrylic and to me has a smell but not a smell that bothers me. We’ll see, I like the thought of being someone who sits in a cafe sketching but things have a way of not turning out like they do in my imagination.